Looking beyond signs and symptoms, your rehabilitation nurse gets to know you and your lifestyle in order to understand what you – as an individual – need to live a fulfilling life. As a member of your care team, your nurse takes a holistic approach to your treatment, focusing on the needs of your body, mind and spirit. During your stay at Marianjoy, you will come to know several nurses who will be with you as you make the adjustment to your new lifestyle. You and your rehabilitation nurse will build a working relationship to help you tackle the barriers before you.
Your rehabilitation nurse, as well as the interdisciplinary team members, works with you in planning your care and meeting your goals during your stay at Marianjoy. Your nurse teams with a rehabilitation care assistant, who is a certified nursing assistant with training in advanced patient care skills. Together they help you maximize your strengths so you can achieve the best possible quality of life and level of independence.
In addition to providing hands-on professional nursing care around the clock, Marianjoy registered nurses work with you your family, and the rest of the interdisciplinary team to:
- Restore dignity and rebuild your lifestyle.
- Develop an interdisciplinary plan of care based on your unique needs and goals.
- Teach you how to follow the plan.
- Teach you skills that will help you adapt to your disability or condition.
Additionally, your nurses will:
- Provide nursing services to assist you or your family member.
- Promote therapeutic and supportive relationships as you and your family learn new skills.
- Educate you and your family about health and disability issues.
- Help answer questions you have during your stay.
You Want the Best
Our rehabilitation nurses are registered professional nurses and licensed by the State of Illinois. Many are certified in the specialty of rehabilitation nursing by the Association of Rehabilitation Nurses. Some of our nurses are members of the Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses, Orthopedic Nurses Association, and the American Association of Neurological Nurses.
For the best choice in rehabilitation programs and services, call us at (630) 909-8000.