Nine Marianjoy Medical Group Physiatrists Named to List of “Best Doctors in America®”
April 24, 2008, Wheaton, IL — Nine physiatrists from the Marianjoy Medical Group have been named to the list of the Best Doctors in America® for 2007-08:
- Norman A. Aliga, Medical Director, Marianjoy Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Gouri Chaudhuri, Medical Director, Marianjoy Wheaton Day Rehabilitation Program
- Nelson G. Escobar, Medical Director, Marianjoy Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Dennis J. Keane, Medical Director, Rehab Services, Rush-Copley Medical Center
- Mary Keen, Medical Director, Marianjoy Pediatric Rehabilitation Program
- Richard P. Krieger, Medical Director, Marianjoy Stroke Rehabilitation Program
- Jeffrey E. Oken, Medical Director, Marianjoy at Oakbrook Terrace Pain Management Program
- Noel Rao, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Marianjoy
- Vasilios Stambolis, Medical Director, Marianjoy Spinal Cord Injury Program
Each doctor has earned this prestigious honor at least once in the past. Doctors Aliga, Chaudhuri and Rao have been named to the list every year since 1996. In addition, Dr. Mary Keen was named a top doctor for 2008 by Chicago Magazine.
“It is an honor to be named to this list by our peers,” said Dr. Rao. “My colleagues and I are dedicated to the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation and proud to practice at Marianjoy. Knowing that our peers recognize the work we do is truly gratifying.”
Compiled by Boston-based Best Doctors, Inc., the Best Doctors in America® database is the result of an exhaustive survey of more than 40,000 physicians in the United States. Only those doctors recognized to be in the top 3-5% of their specialty earn the honor of being named one of the Best Doctors in America®. Doctors cannot pay to be included in the database and are not paid to complete the survey. The only way to be recognized as one of the Best Doctors in America® is for a doctor to earn high marks for clinical ability from his or her peers.
The Marianjoy Medical Group is a network of board-certified physiatrists who manage 200 inpatient rehabilitation beds, 450 subacute skilled nursing facility beds, and several outpatient clinics. The physicians specialize in treating spinal cord injuries, stroke, brain injuries, musculoskeletal conditions, neuromuscular disorders and pediatrics.