Dr. Rao is the program director for the Marianjoy Residency Program and Professor and Chairman of the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Program at the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University in North Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Rao previously taught at Rush University in Chicago as an assistant professor. Dr. Rao was named a Top Doctor by Chicago Magazine in 1997 and 2001.
Areas of Interest
- Assessment and treatment of balance impairments in stroke
- Balance Impairment in Neuropathic Conditions
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Dysphagia Evaluation and Rehabilitation
- Electrodiagnosis for Neuromuscular Pain and Conditions
- Incontinence and Bladder Clinic
- Orthotics and Gait Evaluation
- Rehabilitation of peripheral neuropathic, multiple-sclerosis and other neuromuscular disorders
- Rehabilitation Outcome Predictors
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- General Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury
- Marianjoy Medical Group – Wheaton