Bioness® Integrated Therapy System (BITS™) Exoskeleton
Touchscreen Technology for Visuomotor Rehabilitation
The Bioness® Integrated Therapy System (BITS™) is an easy-to-use rehabilitation therapy tool designed to
evaluate individuals who are experiencing visual field loss, visual-spatial neglect, visual-vestibular
integration problems, problem-solving issues, and cognitive challenges. The BITS™ can be used to
enhance and improve hand-eye coordination, peripheral awareness, reaction time, standing tolerance, and
How does the BITS™ Work?
With an emphasis on visuomotor training, the portable, touch-screen user interface combines customizable
therapy programs with progressing levels of difficulty and the ability to record and track progress over time.
Program variables can be tailored to individual needs and abilities.
The engaging activities and auditory feedback make the BITS™ a motivational and energizing therapeutic
tool, appropriate for use with adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients.
What are the benefits of using the BITS™?
The BITS™ can be tailored for use by speech-language pathologists, physical therapists, and occupational
therapists to address:
• Neurological conditions such as stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord
injury, Guillain-Barré, and other impairments
• Vestibular training
• Balance training while standing on various surfaces
• Motor reaction, planning, and repetitive task training
• Hand-object-eye coordination activities
• Upper-extremity performance, including overhead reaching
• Physical and cognitive endurance training
• Depth perception in elderly patients
• Speed and improved reaction performance with leisure activities, driving, and related community activities
Make an Appointment
If you would like to make an appointment to visit the Tellabs Neurorehabilitation and Neuroplasticity Center, please call (630) 909-7150.
To make an appointment with a Marianjoy Medical Group Physician, please call 630-909-7000.